Very disappointed with Canon T4i (650D) - over-exposed/washed out pictures

Started Dec 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
Omni88
New MemberPosts: 21
Like?
Re: LOOK HERE:...
In reply to zigi_S, Dec 13, 2012

zigi_S wrote:

IMHO, for people who just want a camera for snapshots, a dslr is not a suitable tool. Better they go for a point and shoot or mirrorless.

I already have 2 point-and-shoot (pocket) cameras (both Canons).  I purchased the T4i because of it's ability to control a multitude of settings during the picture taking process to be more creative.

But what I did expect was that at "minimum" even using the T4i as a point-and-shoot camera (turn it on, set to Auto, point and shoot) to get a really quick picture of something... I would expect that the picture would turn out at least half decent... not overexposed or washed out or not enough/too much contrast.

But that being said, it could be that the "look" of the original sample pictures I posted are acceptable picture quality by many people.   Maybe there are a lot of people out there (non professionals/everyday users) who think the overexposed pictures, too vivid, washed out, or contrasty (if that's even a word)... look good to them, and that's why Canon skewed their default settings towards that look.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
imqqmi MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow