Problem with OMD and Metz flash in RC mode

Started Dec 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
caloymiranda
Regular MemberPosts: 314Gear list
Like?
Re: Problem with OMD and Metz flash in RC mode
In reply to Peter 1745, Dec 13, 2012

Peter 1745 wrote:

There seems to be a general problem with Metz flashes operating remotely with the E-M5

This post details problems with the Metz 58

I have the Metz 50 and have the same problem.

It works in TTL mode when in Group A in both normal and FP/HSS mode.

It doesn't work manually in any Group but pseudo manual control can be achieved by using TTL and adjusting the flash compensation which has a range of -5.0 to +5.0 in 0.3 steps.

What can be done?

• Complain to Metz
  • Complain to Olympus

The more of us who complain the more likely we are to get a fix.

By the way does's anyone know if it's just the E-M5 or are the GH3, E-PL5 and other Pens also affected.

-- hide signature --

Regards, Peter 'Keep taking the photos'

Thanks Peter.

As i said on another post, I'm glad i'm not alone.  This is a major concern and it should have been addressed already given how long the OMD has been on the market.  I don't have any oly flashes but i guess its safe to assume that oly flashes have no issues with the OMD?

it does work on TTL but i think those who care enough to use RC mode would prefer manual control of the flash (at least thats my opinion).

And yes, you are right...i will complain on both camps.

caloymiranda's gear list:caloymiranda's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL2 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow