mgblack74
Senior MemberPosts: 1,556Gear list
Like?
Re: Don't Agree..
In reply to Windancer, Dec 13, 2012

On DX or FX?

Windancer wrote:

mgblack74 wrote:

The Sigma vignettes heavily at f/2.8 throughout the range.

With all due respect, I 'm not sure I would agree with that statement. I had a Sigma 24-70/2.8 for many years and never once had a problem with it. I recently went to a Nikon 24-70/2.8 but that was because of many other reasons.

The Cons of the lens were mainly the 82mm filter thread. The focal length may be more suited to you of the 24-120 may be more suited to you but IMO there is nothing wrong with the Sigma.

Many of the photos here were taken with this lens http://www.pbase.com/windancer/novascotia and I had no complaints with it. I think the build quality of the Nikon lenses is maybe better than the Sigma's but

I don't have a 24-120 nor have I used that lens so I can't compare the two, I just wanted to say the Sigma lens served me well.Terry

-- hide signature --

Graham Fine Art Photography
http://www.pbase.com/windancer
Remember, it's not the CPU that's in your camera that makes great images, it's the one located about 4" behind the viewfinder that does.
Disclaimer: This e-mail is intended to impart a sense of humor. Given e-mail's inability to carry inflections, tone and facial expressions it may fail miserably in its intent. The sender acknowledges the limitations of the technology and assigns to the software in which this message was composed any ill feelings that may arise.

-- hide signature --

"You're guaranteed to miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky

mgblack74's gear list:mgblack74's gear list
Nikon D4s Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow