Started Dec 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
c.hammett
Forum ProPosts: 11,565Gear list
Like?
CS5 options for later upgrade to CS7 on a Mac
Dec 13, 2012

If this has been addressed a billion times, would someone point me to the links.

It was just pointed out to me that I must upgrade to CS6 before Jan. 1 to be eligible for CS7 at an upgrade price.

I am not a pro, but use and love CS5 for editing my images which are mostly printed on Epson Premium Glossy or Matte paper on my R1800. I thought I could wait a year before going to the next level of PSCS 7 when it comes out, as I've been skipping generations. I went from Elements to CS >CS3 > CS5, and am happy with what I have. I'm on a Mac, using OS 10.6.8.

I am somewhat confused about the options, as  am not interested in the  Cloud for $29.95 per month ($360 a year) , or a bunch of other add-ons  I don't want.  So is  my only option to buy the CS6 upgrade for $199 ?

Also, can I download it and install later, as I am planning to upgrade my OS to Mountain Lion in January when I have time to deal with it, and would prefer to wait till then and let my tech do it all at once when he can also  install the printer driver for all this. I'm not a techie, and not comfortable with installing all these changes at once.

Thanks.....

carolyn

-- hide signature --

Ranger a.k.a chammett
http://www.pbase.com/chammett
'elegance is simplicity'

c.hammett's gear list:c.hammett's gear list
Canon EOS 100D Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow