Started Dec 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Nikonfan99
Senior MemberPosts: 1,411Gear list
Like?
An apology is due
Dec 13, 2012

I would like to personally apologize to anyone that I argued with about the d600 dust issue.

Even if nikon wont admit it, I can clearly now see that the d600 has a unique dust issue. I will admit that at first it seems that it is just like or similar to the d7000 issue but I feel that after owneing this camera for a few months, the dust issue is a real problem. We do have a lot of reports of the problem reducing over time so that is promising. I have only done a blower cleaning to date and have been watching the sensor closely and do feel that the amount of dust and how quickly it grows is an indication of a unique design flaw. What specifically causes it is unkown to me but it is real and I apologize to all the people I argued with about this issue. I would like to also add that oil on the sensor is at a higher rate compared to the d7000. Once I hit 3,000 shutter count I will do a wet cleanig and will monitor further. And yes I now agree that "just clean your sensor" is not an appropriate response to this specific issue. I should have waitied to do further testing before I open my mouth.

Nikonfan99's gear list:Nikonfan99's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM
Nikon D600 Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow