Winter night pictures taken with RX100

Started Dec 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
Martin87
Contributing MemberPosts: 767Gear list
Like?
Re: Winter night pictures taken with RX100
In reply to Andrew Butterfield, Dec 13, 2012

Andrew Butterfield wrote:

Very brave to be out at night in those conditions! It would have been interesting to see how the noise reduction for long exposures would have affected these. But if you handheld the camera I guess you had no choice but to use f1.8 and high ISO. A tripod would have allowed you to use a smaller aperture too. Even so, they show how you can get usable night shots. Whit balance is tricky in these conditions too. Did you set it manually at at the time or afterwards?

-- hide signature --

2 Layers of warm clothing , warm hat and thick scarf made a lot of difference for me. It was  -5 Celsius degrees and I didn't had any problem with the cold weather (nor the camera had ). The first and the fourth pictures were taking in pitch black places. So black that even the human eye couldn't distinguish all the details. I was amazed that this camera was able to focus in such dark places correctly.
I used auto white balance for all of the shots. I tried to tweak them up a little bit, but I found that the auto white balance produced best results.

Martin87's gear list:Martin87's gear list
Canon PowerShot S3 IS Sony RX100
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow