Just posted: Our In-depth Sony SLT-A99 review

Started Dec 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
RTIMD
Forum MemberPosts: 59Gear list
Like?
Re: Lets just remember that the internet is full of fools..
In reply to topstuff, Dec 13, 2012

topstuff wrote:

RTIMD wrote:

I'll have to agree with you on this, A99 AF isn't bad, being essentially taken from A77 (I'm not talking about the on-sensor PDAF, since in my opinion it has limited use now), but it's not on the same level with 5DmkIII and D800.

Please tell us about your real life practical experience of the A77 / A99 AF.

Would love to understand how or when you feel it isn't good enough.

Where in my post have you seen me writing that the AF isn't good enough? I said it's good but, but the Canikon have better AF systems, and that's not anything new to anyone. And since we're on DPR, you can check it in their reviews.

Cheers,

P.S.

I own(ed) several Alpha cameras, and some sony/minolta lenses, for the kind of shooting I do - the AF is ok. And If I had to pick other camera, say Canon or Nikon I'd have to give up on some things I got used to with Sony. But if good tracking AF were a priority I suppose I wouldn't be in Sony's camp - quite simple for me.

RTIMD's gear list:RTIMD's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Samyang 85mm F1.4 Aspherical IF Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
-New
LOLNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow