Just posted: Our In-depth Sony SLT-A99 review

Started Dec 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
RTIMD
Forum MemberPosts: 58Gear list
Like?
Re: Lets just remember that the internet is full of fools..
In reply to Alexdi, Dec 13, 2012

Alexdi wrote:

I actually quoted DPR. That's the issue: they're not lying. And they say it's pretty bad, as do the other reviewers. Maybe it's a question of skill in configuration or shooting, but no one (even among owners) has claimed it's anywhere near the 5D III. And yet, it's found parity in that bar graph at the end, along with a noise judgment that doesn't reflect DPR's own tests. I think it's a disservice to readers, frankly.

This is the forum where the review notification was posted. Ergo, this is where I responded. I'm active on other forums. I suppose I ought not to be surprised at the namecalling.

I'll have to agree with you on this, A99 AF isn't bad, being essentially taken from A77 (I'm not talking about the on-sensor PDAF, since in my opinion it has limited use now), but it's not on the same level with 5DmkIII and D800.

RTIMD's gear list:RTIMD's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Samyang 85mm F1.4 Aspherical IF Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
-New
LOLNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow