Very disappointed with Canon T4i (650D) - over-exposed/washed out pictures

Started Dec 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
alan e jones
Regular MemberPosts: 134Gear list
Like?
Re: V.disappointed T4i (650D) washed out pictures INDICATES inexperience and incorrect assumptions
In reply to Omni88, Dec 13, 2012

Hi

You are not alone in thinking the 650 D tends to overexpose

i recently purchased a 650 D and found the same...the 650D tended to overexpose

when i took indenticle shots on my 5d2 they were exposed normally the same shots on the 650D

were overexposed the HDR didn't work as blew out the highlights ie overexposure

I sent it back to Canon ..they returned it saying it was within specification....

I again corresponded with Canon that it overexposed and the head tech wanted to look at it personally

The result was that its within spec BUT they have adjusted the exposure system for me

i asked him how much they adjusted it heres his reply

Hi Alan.

Just under ¾’s of a stop. I think it works well. The difference between us doing this and you simply setting it permanently to – ¾ EV is that HDR mode is also affected. I think you will find that the highlights in HDR mode are now much less blown out (At the expense of shadow detail of course) The other point to remember is that if you send your camera in for a major repair, it will likely be set back to factory standard. We have noted that we have made the adjustment but it is entirely possible that a technician could overlook the note. It would pay to mention it if you are ever unlucky enough to have to send it to us.

Cheers

Thats pretty good personal service form canon it arrives back tomorrow so i look forward to testing it

regards

Alan

alan e jones's gear list:alan e jones's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 70D Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
imqqmi MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow