about to purchase a new pro DSLR: Canon MarkD5 IIII or Nikon D800?

Started Dec 13, 2012 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
AofA
Forum MemberPosts: 94
Like?
about to purchase a new pro DSLR: Canon MarkD5 IIII or Nikon D800?
Dec 13, 2012

ya, i know. this versus question is probably very stale. but listen up. i'm an artist and photography and want to get in2 video. i am making the transition to digital and hv been shooting with the Canon G series cameras for a bit. I am somewhat familiar with Nikon 'cause i own an F5 film camera and a 70-300 lens that is mint (great autofocus, really solid and sharp).

i'm leaning towards the D800 because of its high Megapixel count and it's uncompressed video. i'm an artist that wants to make large prints and can't afford a medium format phase system or a good HD video camera-- so i need one system that can somehow be the best all all worlds for all my purposes. i was thinking of buying a killer lens for it (the 30-105 for $1850, i can't afford two lenses and don't like to shoot wider than 35mil and have the 70-300 for when i want more focal length compression-- for portraits.

what's ur take? thanks.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D800 Panasonic Lumix DMC-F5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow