Started Dec 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
Press Correspondent
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,342Gear list
Like?
Re: Lens with "wow" effect !! :-))
In reply to gdanmitchell, Dec 13, 2012

gdanmitchell wrote:

Press Correspondent wrote:

You Sir misunderstood the question and went great length to defend a position irrelevant to this thread. You just need to update the limited definition of "wow" in your aging dictionary with more flexible meanings. The question essentially was, "What are your favorite lenses?" Perhaps you like some more than others. Let's hear which.

I just re-read the original post after reading your claim that I "misunderstood the question." Actually, I understood it exactly and I responded to the "wow" lens question that was asked.

An excerpt, since the whole thing is readily available and quite long:

"Philippe R wrote:

... have read a post on someone looking for a lens that produces a "wow" factor.....

So let's have it, what do you consider a lens with a definite "wow" effect

Please specify the lens, the body it's used on, and of course your use..."

The question was not "essentially...'What are your favorite lenses?'" So, "you, sir, misunderstood the question," not me.

You also missed my explanation of why you misunderstood the question. It is because you have a certain definition of what you think "wow" means, but the OP meant something completely different. Please see his opinion on this matter:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/post/50423703

I also wouldn't say that Canon 50/1.4 is not a "wow" lens once stopped down to f/5.6 or so.

Press Correspondent's gear list:Press Correspondent's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0L USM +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow