Focus bug with my P7700?

Started Dec 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
Rotorwash4944
New MemberPosts: 11Gear list
Like?
Re: Focus bug with my P7700?
In reply to sdh, Dec 13, 2012

I believe I had a similar issue as to what you are describing... I was trying to focus on a white church from my car window, and I achieved lock. Then I zoomed to a better crop, and I could not attain lock. When I zoomed out, I could not attain lock again either. I thought it might be because the white church was too featureless, but it perplexed me enough to return mine to B&H for an exchange. I haven't duplicated the problem yet, and I cannot honestly say the focus ability of the second copy is any better, but I will try to do your test and report back. I really do love the camera otherwise (see my post, "P7700 vs G15: my impressions").  I too am hoping they can do a firmware upgrade, and while theyre at it, also include a shorter minimum interval on their built-in intervalometer!

All of the above not withstanding, I was in NYC the other night, and experienced no significant focus issues, even in low light. I thought the camera performed great.

Rotorwash4944's gear list:Rotorwash4944's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7700 Canon EOS 60D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow