Lumix 20mm f1.7 for my existing EPL-1 or buy a new EPL-3 for the same price?

Started Dec 12, 2012 | Questions thread
zapatista
Regular MemberPosts: 250Gear list
Like?
Re: Lumix 20mm f1.7 for my existing EPL-1 or buy a new EPL-3 for the same price?
In reply to Singaporegirl, Dec 13, 2012

Singaporegirl wrote:

Thank you all for responding. After going through all of it and doing some additional research, i've decided to go with the lens. Now, the question is, WHICH LENS? Panasonic 20mm F/1.7 or the 25mm F1.4 ?
I've read that the 25mm focuses faster and the auto focus isn't noisy, like the 20mm (esp. for video). The 25mm is also much more expensive. I've read a lot of the pros and cons between the two, but what i really want to know is this:
Should i shell out the extra cash for the 25mm to be used on the EPL1? Or just get the 20mm? I've only been using the auto settings on the camera, but i'm slowly learning how to manually change the settings.
Thanks!

I think you should ask the same exact questions on several different camera boards at the same time.

zapatista's gear list:zapatista's gear list
Sony a6000 Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow