Sport action with the D600 DX mode (img)

Started Dec 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
kanaddict
Contributing MemberPosts: 975
Like?
Sport action with the D600 DX mode (img)
Dec 13, 2012

Hello all,

after struggling for more then 2 month I finally decided to buy the D600 instead of the D800. Coming from the D300, the agronomy of the D800 as well as the nice 16 megapixels DX mode was very tempting (for birding), but at the end I had no need for 36 megapixels and the extra $$ were more then welcome as I needed to replace my 12-24mm f4 and 17-55mm f2.8 by the 17-35mm f2.8 and 24-70mm f2.8

Because I love my Sigma 50-150mm f2.8 and because I have no money to replace it, I decided to keep it for a while and use the DX mode. Last week, for the first time, I had a good opportunity to shoot some action with the D600 + 50-150mm. For the first time a FIS cross country word cup was held in America, and Quebec City was the lucky city choose by the FIS. The competition was held in the middle of the city, at the door of the old Quebec. They built a 0.8 km loop for the free sprint competitions (Individual sprint 1.6 KM, team of 2  sprint 9.6 km).

Thanks for looking !

-- hide signature --
Nikon D300 Nikon D600 Nikon D800 Pentax K-m (K2000)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow