Started Dec 13, 2012 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Rob517
Junior MemberPosts: 27
Like?
24-105 for my type of photo interests?
Dec 13, 2012

I attend a lot of different festivals and car shows and such during the summer months.  Mainly they are outdoors with plenty of light.  I shoot a T3i and own a nifty fifty, and 55-250 lens.  I like the 24-105 option for my crop camera.  I shoot a lot of full car pics and different street performers etc....I would also like to do a few landscape shots (I know the 24mm end on a crop will limit my range)  I like the idea that the long end will allow me to step back and get a shot rather than having to be up close in the personal space of individuals.

I really don't see any other option that would be better for my needs except the 15-85 and it seems that may be a toss up based on IQ being as good as an "L" lens per some pro reviews.  I do plan to get a FF camera in the next year or so (didn't realize how much fun I would have with photography) and would like to invest in a lens that I can use on the FF.  I have spent hours reading and reading and I keep coming back to the 24-105 based on the IQ and solid reviews all over the web.  I am not a pro by any stretch of the imagination but I would like photos that are good enough to submit to the local paper for articles and such.

Am I on track with my decision?  Any input?  Thanks for reading.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 600D (EOS Rebel T3i / EOS Kiss X5)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow