Focus bug with my P7700?

Started Dec 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
tjkitch
New MemberPosts: 4Gear list
Like?
Re: Focus bug with my P7700?
In reply to sdh, Dec 12, 2012

I have just tried your sequence and didn't get a freeze or red AF frames, it was indoors and darker already though. I will try it tomorrow in daylight if I have time. But to your point I have had two occasions that the AF sequence froze on me and gave me red frames, the first time I'm not sure what the sequence was and it reset itself, the second time I was shooting in RAW with JPG and I was in a hurry to take another shot and kept trying to get a focus while the camera was still process the last shot. I remember I kept pressing the shutter button half way and nothing was showing on the LED screen, when it did appear I had red borders in my focus fields, I noticed the camera was kind of frozen hard and turned the power off and back on and everything was back to normal. Other than those two times it's been good except at time it won't pick the object I want to be the center of focus.

Does anybody know if the firmware in the P7700 can be upgraded it they get a fix to the problem?

tjkitch's gear list:tjkitch's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7700
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow