Started Dec 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
keqwow
Regular MemberPosts: 119
Like?
Help with flash setup, taking nice pictures
Dec 12, 2012

I have a decent working setup for taking photos of smaller items...like under 12".  I use a couple of light stands with some full spectrum compact fluorescent bulbs.  With the camera setup on a tripod I get some great results.

The problem that I have is that I would like to to take photos of some larger items...upwards of 3 feet.  I can setup four of these compact fluorescent bulb setups and I just don't seem to get the amount of light I need to fill the area with even lighting.  I have access to two White Lightning flash units (similar to AlienBees) but I have no idea how to use them with my camera.  I see that I can set my camera on the auto setting and when the flash goes off, the White Lightning flash units go off as well.  But my pictures come out dark and i don't have any control. How is it can I adjust exposure with a flash?  I have dialed in my photography skills with the constant lighting of my CF bulb setup, but have no idea how to use a flash setup.  I appreciate the input and crash course.  I kind of need to figure this out in the next day or two if possible.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow