Year 2 Experience with UpStart Replacement Battery???

Started Dec 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
I2K4
Regular MemberPosts: 433Gear list
Like?
Re: Upstart arrived, but no case
In reply to MurryG, Dec 12, 2012

MurryG wrote:

If you just have two batteries just use the case that came with the original Canon battery on the one that isn't in the camera. If you have more than two then you need to find a case I guess.

Murry

What came with the camera / enclosed Canon battery was a little plastic protector tip for the exposed contact points rather than a full case. I'm carrying the camera in a small camera beltpouch that has a zipped side pocket, big enough for the battery and an extra SDHC but not very protective against crushing or moisture. I'd really like to have a little crush and water resistant plastic case for the spare battery rather than that little tip protector. It's more than the value of the battery, but being able to count on the battery and not banging your head about lost shots.

Re Lewis: My experience with the real cheap lithium batteries other than for cameras has been like yours, terrible. I'm new to Canon's batteries and was looking for a middle grade between overpriced OEM and junk. Sounds like you found one. I'll see if UpStart is another one.

I2K4's gear list:I2K4's gear list
Canon PowerShot S5 IS Canon PowerShot SX10 IS Canon PowerShot SD4000 IS +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow