All you lazy freeloaders: get up and go find a job!

Started Dec 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
lol101
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,294Gear list
Like?
All you lazy freeloaders: get up and go find a job!
Dec 12, 2012

This is what I often hear from some people who think that jobs are just "out there" to be found and that unemployment is just due to people not really wanting to work...

I must say that this (very old) argument leaves me dubious...

Where are those jobs? Who is waiting to hire those 12,000,000 lazy freeloaders?

You? The business you work in? The business your wife works in? One of the business you've heard about?... anyone?

A while back, some heavy thinkers thought it would be funny to unload applications for Mac Donalds on some "Occupy Wall Street" crowd, saying that those lazy bums should go there since Mac Donalds was hiring 50,000 people.

Alas... Mac Donalds received over 2,000,000 applications for its 50,000 openings. I guess the remaining 1,950,000 lazy freeloaders just went on freeloading...

Isn't it notorious that there are no jobs to be found since the economy is depressed and that businesses aren't hiring? How come some people just expect others to find things that don't exist?

I'm perplexed...:-|

lol101's gear list:lol101's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark II N Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 1000D Samsung NX1000 Canon EOS 6D +13 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
kevNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow