Adobe or Nikon Raw

Started Dec 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
instamatic
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,560
Like?
Re: Adobe or Nikon Raw
In reply to LPLIV, Dec 12, 2012

Hello,

Yes, there will be a easily noticeable difference in color and contrast in how PS6/LR4 renders the RAW files (not just Nikon files) compared to the original manufacturer's software.  You will have to learn to work around it, or buy a Gretag Macbeth color checker chart, and manually calibrate the LR4 processor for your camera.  I haven't done it so I don't know how effective it is.

I switched from LR3 over about a year ago to Apple Aperture without regrets.  Currently I actually use PhotoNinja for RAW conversion.  I like the results a lot.  Neither Aperture nor PhotoNinja will render the RAW files the same as Nikon software will.  Each produces a different look out of the box, but only Nikon software allows you to have a starting point almost exact as what you see in JPG files and on the camera's back LCD.

Before you commit to any major purchase like this, first download some trials and test different options out, I would say.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow