Big Thank You to Fixation (Nikon UK service facility)

Started Dec 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
lancslad
Junior MemberPosts: 31
Like?
Big Thank You to Fixation (Nikon UK service facility)
Dec 12, 2012

A couple of days prior to leaving on a recent trip from Canada to London I noticed the dirt on my D600 sensor had got quite a bit worse (to the point that image clean-up would be difficult).

I called Nikon Canada and said I would drive the 2 hours to the Toronto facility and would wait as long as necessary if they would clean the sensor that day. Not much sympathy and insisted I leave the camera with them for a few days and they would then mail it back.

Instead, as soon as I arrived in London I went to Fixation (the Nikon UK service centre) who cleaned the sensor within an hour and also didn't charge me, which they were entitled to do as the warranty is not international. Again, thanks a lot guys.

Responses to anticipated questions:

Yes, the sensor dirt is reappearing, I'm on 2300 frame count.

Yes, I know I will have to start cleaning the sensor myself and I have purchased a Copper Hill kit but haven't got the nerve up to do it yet.

Yes, the dirt does affect my images as I often take landscapes with some foreground in focus therefore requiring small apertures.

Yes, I would buy the camera again in anticipation that the sensor debris will dissipate over time and overall the positives outweigh the negatives (if anyone has a fix for the uncomfortable grip I would be interested).

Nikon D600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow