LX7 versus GF2,GF3,GF5 etc

Started Nov 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
James Pilcher
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,645Gear list
Like?
Is the LX7 hard to beat?
In reply to neilm16, Dec 12, 2012

neilm16 wrote:

Very interesting and thankyou for the info. It kind of backs up some reviews I have seen which seemed to indicate that the LX7 gets very close to Micro 4/3 in IQ terms but if you use primes rather than the standard kit lenses like the 14-42mm then the difference will move in favour of the Micro 4/3.

But it seems and please correct me if I am wrong, if you want an all in one camera that offers very good IQ then the glass used on the LX7 is pretty hard to beat despite the smaller sensor?

I own both the LX7 and an E-PL5. The LX7 is a very nice single-lens solution which produces excellent images. The E-PL5 with my primes is certainly better, but my LX7 keeps me very happy as a take-anywhere camera. I would not be terribly distressed if I had to give up everything except my LX7. I would still have a camera that produces better images than any film SLR I ever owned.

Jim Pilcher
Summit County, Colorado, USA

James Pilcher's gear list:James Pilcher's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P5 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm 1:1.8 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow