Powershot 110 or wait until next year?

Started Dec 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
Richard Franiec
Senior MemberPosts: 2,221Gear list
Like?
Re: Powershot 110 or wait until next year?
In reply to PaulRivers, Dec 12, 2012

PaulRivers wrote:

s100new wrote:

Starshot wrote:

I'm not talking about the s110.. just the elph 110

Well, there are S110, and there are Elph 110. I would definitely have added 'Elph" right before "110" and in the subject line of the thread, so that others know I am taking about just the Elph 110, and I am not talking about S110

Yeah...

To answer the question, most of canon's super compacts have been pretty much identical in the last couple of years, so there's no pressing reason to wait.

On the other hand, if you're buying the Elph 110hs, and not the s100/s110, then the question is whether you own a smartphone, as for a lot of pics a good smartphone camera will take almost as good of pictures, be a lot more portable, and always be with you. (Yes, if you don't already own a smartphone it's probably not worth it, it just is if you already own one).

I completely agree with Paul. Not much progress since groundbreaking S90 in Powershot S line which is disappointing in general.

Competition like Oly XZ1, Sony RX100 and others make S series less and less atractive at least in my view. It is hard to tell if reality reached the tipping point in Canon philosophy regarding top of the line compacts but sooner or later they have to react to trends. If not, educated consumers will decide with their choices and wallets.

Cheers

Richard

Richard Franiec's gear list:Richard Franiec's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EOS-1D X Canon EOS M Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow