Checking your DSLR in Rome museums, anyone uncomfortable with having to do this?

Started Dec 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
Ray Ritchie
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,767
Like?
Re: Checking your DSLR in Rome museums, anyone uncomfortable with having to do this?
In reply to ARB1, Dec 12, 2012

I was in Rome in September, but may not have visited the specific museums you're referring to. I was allowed to carry and use my camera into both the Vatican and the Museum of the City of Rome. In the entire two-week tour of Italy, I was never asked to check my camera (Venice, Milan, Cinque Terre, Florence, Rome), even in places where photography is not allowed. It may be that the museums you're reading about are saying that you have to check a camera bag, not a camera - I have run into that situation elsewhere in Europe. If I know that I am going to visit a museum, I usually just carry the camera alone and leave the bag in my room.

Whatever photo gear I leave behind in my room is always secured in a wire mesh PacSafe bag, locked to something immovable like a radiator.

Ray
My blog: http://www.rritchie.com/wordpress

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow