Sony contacted me about A99's poor video IQ

Started Dec 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
photo chris
Regular MemberPosts: 281
Like?
Re: Sony contacted me about A99's poor video IQ
In reply to EvilOne, Dec 12, 2012

EvilOne wrote:

Because Sony contacted you and seems to be serious about a fix..I suspect you have some sort of contact number.. you sent file to an email.. I would get Sony to back up your return window,, in other words, give you the option to return if they cant get this figured out in a reasonable amount of time... they are acknowledging there is a problem.. Make sure if you can get them to agree to this that you keep a good hard copy of that agreement. dated and signed etc... just a copy of the email would do but a hard copy in the event that some how your computer lost that email...

I wish I could wait, but it took 9 months for a FW update for the FS100 and about the same amount of time for the Nex7 update just to kill the video record button, I can't wait until May 2013 or so for a fix.  Sony is a big company, losing tons of money with a huge amount of debt, in the process of a massive reduction in its workforce and a dizzying portfolio of products to support.  It doesn't do small tweaks like Fuji or even periodic updates like Olympus - but those two don't have the lineup of a giant like Sony.  I don't know where the A99 ranks in terms of camera sales, but I think its safe to say its probably Sony's lowest volume camera.  Where that ranks in terms of updates is anybody's guess.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow