Feel like I've hit a brick wall in my photography, advice needed

Started Dec 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
GMussio
Regular MemberPosts: 193
Like?
Re: Feel like I've hit a brick wall in my photography, advice needed
In reply to Sovern, Dec 12, 2012

I think your photography is good, especially if you have only been shooting for 6 months!  I dont see how you could have hit a wall so soon.  There are a couple of things that I could mention that might help you some.  Try experimenting with reflectors or strobes. I noticed that some subjects are hit by very harsh light and it would be more flattering if you could fill in the shadows with a warm reflector or an off camera strobe.  Try looking up poses online and in publications and try finding one that best suits your model.  I dont know what your using to process your images but try messing with tonal curves and the like.  Youd be surprised at the plethora of effects you can get from messing around with curves.  From fades, to great looking faux micro-contrast, it's really amazing.  Lightroom even has a neat dual tone mixer so if you want to play a hue to shadows or highlights and balance them as you see fit, you can do that too.  There is much more out there to be explored!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow