Which RAW Processor for More Efficient Workflow: Capture1 or Lightroom ??

Started Dec 1, 2012 | Questions thread
Jacques Cornell
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,810Gear list
Like?
Aperture or Lightroom for high-volume work
In reply to Steve Bingham, Dec 12, 2012

Steve Bingham wrote:

Majikthize wrote:

Steve Bingham wrote:

I can convert my D7000 raw files to 16 bit tiffs in a second using ACR. I can batch process 60 in a minute or 300 in 5 minutes. Pretty easy in PS CS6. If you don't like a few, do them over. Time is money. PS CS5 is even slightly faster. Crazy, no?

Spoken like a man who doesn't need to edit, adjust, output and deliver 500 photos from a take of 1,500 in 24 hours.

I used to use iView for image management and PS for RAW conversion. Then Apple's Aperture came along and it was hasta la vista Adobe. Just in time, too, because then Microsoft bought and murdered iView.

-- hide signature --

'No matter where you go, there you are.'

You are absolutely correct! I have never taken 1,500 shots in a single outing and expected to edit and individually adjust, evaluate, and chose 500 photos in 24 hrs. Ever, ever, ever. I shudder just thinking about it.

Such is the world of event & wedding photography. With an A-to-Z workflow solution like Aperture or Lightroom and a modern Mac, it's really not that bad.

-- hide signature --

'No matter where you go, there you are.'

Jacques Cornell's gear list:Jacques Cornell's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +27 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow