Which RAW Processor for More Efficient Workflow: Capture1 or Lightroom ??

Started Dec 1, 2012 | Questions thread
Jacques Cornell
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,169Gear list
Like?
Aperture or Lightroom for high-volume work
In reply to Steve Bingham, Dec 12, 2012

Steve Bingham wrote:

Majikthize wrote:

Steve Bingham wrote:

I can convert my D7000 raw files to 16 bit tiffs in a second using ACR. I can batch process 60 in a minute or 300 in 5 minutes. Pretty easy in PS CS6. If you don't like a few, do them over. Time is money. PS CS5 is even slightly faster. Crazy, no?

Spoken like a man who doesn't need to edit, adjust, output and deliver 500 photos from a take of 1,500 in 24 hours.

I used to use iView for image management and PS for RAW conversion. Then Apple's Aperture came along and it was ´╗┐hasta la vista Adobe.´╗┐ Just in time, too, because then Microsoft bought and murdered iView.

-- hide signature --

'No matter where you go, there you are.'

You are absolutely correct! I have never taken 1,500 shots in a single outing and expected to edit and individually adjust, evaluate, and chose 500 photos in 24 hrs. Ever, ever, ever. I shudder just thinking about it.

Such is the world of event & wedding photography. With an A-to-Z workflow solution like Aperture or Lightroom and a modern Mac, it's really not that bad.

-- hide signature --

'No matter where you go, there you are.'

Jacques Cornell's gear list:Jacques Cornell's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 +32 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow