Started Dec 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
TheVoid
Senior MemberPosts: 1,273Gear list
Like?
Need LR4 workflow advice for large event photography, RAW vs. JPG
Dec 12, 2012

Hi all,  I am looking for advice about RAW workflow for large event photography. In this case it's a 5K race and there will be hundreds of photos that need to be efficiently edited, keyworded, processed to JPG for web-proofing, and made available for print orders at 3 or 4 different sizes.

I am relatively new at event photography and it's my first race so I'm debating on shooting RAW for the peace of mind of better white balance correction, etc. vs. the convenience of getting good JPGs out of camera to start with and reducing my PP time.

If I go with RAW, should I convert to TIF or DNG before doing much else in LR4? What is your favorite, most efficient workflow for getting through hundreds of pics like this and having them commercially available online within a week or so, working part-time after-hours? (I am not full time and this is a charity event...no photographer fee, just whatever the print sales generate.)

Thanks!

-- hide signature --

Jeremy

TheVoid's gear list:TheVoid's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ30 Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Sony a77 II Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX +3 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow