Color Munki questions

Started Dec 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
C Spyr
Forum MemberPosts: 65Gear list
Like?
Re: Color Munki questions
In reply to Jay Reeves, Dec 12, 2012

Jay Reeves wrote:

What confuses me is the use of ft candles and luminance - My monitor has brightness and contrast settings - so I know it is written somewhere how to work with all of this. I am thinking might need to just order the ColorMunki in order to see how it all works.

There's no general direct correlation between brightness / contrast and the resulting luminance. You will have to measure the luminance (e.g. with the colormunki) to know which setting of brightness / contrast results in which luminance value. Note that these kind of measurements need to be done no earlier than half an hour after switching on the monitor, i.e. in a 'warmed-up' state. Luminance measured 5 minutes after switching on is markedly different than after 30 minutes, even if you don't touch the brightness / contrast controls.

-- hide signature --

Kind regards Christian Spyr

C Spyr's gear list:C Spyr's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR Nikon AF Nikkor 24-85mm f/2.8-4D IF +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow