Please recommend a good cataloguing program

Started Dec 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
vdubreeze
Senior MemberPosts: 1,140
Like?
Re: Please recommend a good cataloguing program
In reply to TheEye, Dec 12, 2012

I don't know. I always give my discs a title (typically the title is the date I burned the disc), and DiskCatalogMaker automatically catalogs the disc, its title and all its contents. I've used it for years like this and it works just fine.

I downloaded the 30-day trial. This program works fine. I can name my discs whatever I want, which is great. I can also easily export the catalog as a text file, which is also great.

Also been using DiskCatalogMaker here for ages and it's great.  One thing catalog apps are fantastic for is relieving you of the responsibility of being too anal about how you organize your not-critical files, (I have several folders of "misc to sort", "old apps to sort" etc) and instead of pulling the drive out of the closet and searching them you can just search the catalog.  Plus, if you keep the catalog in a synced folder (such as DropBox) and someone asks if you have such and such a file you can, for example, check all the offline drives you have wherever they are from wherever you are.  The search function works well.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow