Physical Advertising

Started Dec 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
PenguinPhotoCo
Senior MemberPosts: 6,001Gear list
Like?
re spanx
In reply to Joe Federer, Dec 12, 2012

i googled it..

first thing that comes is a PAID google adwords thing for Spanx.
I also get a lot of paid ads for jcp, amazon and others that DO advertise spanx. So if you can get your retailers to advertise your product I suppose technically no, you're not advertising.
I have several wedding venues that have me on their recommended vendor list - is that advertising? Yep, absolutely it is. It's not paid advertising, but it's still promoting my business, ins't it?

So they don't advertise, huh?
From THEIR OWN WEBSITE!
How I Spread the Word - I had no money to advertise, so I hit the road. For the entire first year, I did in-store rallies about Spanx with the sales associates, and then stayed all day introducing customers to Spanx. I became notorious for lifting up my pant leg to every woman walking by.
http://www.spanx.com/corp/index.jsp?page=sarasStory&clickId=sarasstory_aboutsara_text

Sorry, but traveling around doing in-store demos IS ADVERTISING! It is PROMOTING your business/brand to prospective customers. It is no different that doing a bridal show or having a display in a bridal shop.

-- hide signature --

Before everything else, getting ready is the secret of success. -Henry Ford

PenguinPhotoCo's gear list:PenguinPhotoCo's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow