A Question for Hosts re Voting Patterns

Started Dec 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
cmantx
Senior MemberPosts: 1,265Gear list
Like?
Re: A Question for Hosts re Voting Patterns
In reply to Skylane, Dec 12, 2012

Skylane wrote

You will see it in Shadows. What is the vote participation number and where are the personal stats? I do not believe I have the training or experience to rank other peoples photography. I could vote on the one or two entries that I think are above average as the system was designed for and recommended by DPR Staff. But you have made it clear that all entries in a challenge should be voted on. When I don't see a difference, they all get the same vote.

-- hide signature --

Charlie

Charlie,

Why follow the suggestion that you should vote on every entry?

Other entrants may enter for the same reason that I do, to get some feedback on how they are doing as a hobbyist photographer. When I get a 5  I assume that it was someone that really liked my shot. Not the case with your voting.

If you don't see a shot in a challenge you think is exceptional why waste your time voting them all as 5's?

cmantx's gear list:cmantx's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A500 Sony SLT-A57 Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Tamron SP AF 200-500mm F/5-6.3 Di LD (IF)
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow