My AF Fine tune settings for all top Nikon lenses after calibration

Started Nov 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
wireless
Regular MemberPosts: 470Gear list
Like?
Re: focus calibration varies with focal length of zoom lenses
In reply to kratlusk, Dec 12, 2012

I just received my d600 and lenses back from cameraservicepro.com (authorized Nikon repair).  I haven't been able to test it yet.  They told me they would fix the focus issues without fine tune.

However when I got it back they said they had fixed a back-focus issue in the camera, the 50mm had a fine tune of -10 (what iit was before I sent it in), the 24-70 had nothing, and the 70-200 had +3 fine tune.  I asked them about this in email but they didn't respond although I would say their service was good and straightforward.  They turned it around in one day.

I will test it when I get a little time.  Busy this time of year.  I expect with all I've looked into this  if there are any issues I'll work them out with fine tune.  I hope not to see the issues that others have mentioned where fine tune is not consistent across the zoom range.

-David

wireless's gear list:wireless's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow