as an owner of an DMC FZ 200...

Started Dec 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
Sunny Caribe
Regular MemberPosts: 493
Like?
Re: as an owner of an DMC FZ 200...
In reply to Geka, Dec 12, 2012

It would depend on the friend and their need, of course.  But somewhere over 90% of my photography-inclined friends would be very well served by either the LX7 or the FZ200.

Recently I worked on a remote video shoot where the cameraman, someone whose work you've seen if you ever watch National Geographic videos, took an earnest and extended interest in the FZ200 which I brought along.  He instantly understood its inherent limitations but he focused on its potential, remarking positively on its capabilities and the successful shots it got in some really difficult shooting situations.  Contrary to what you might think, pros at this level are generally taciturn about gear, especially in the field, unless they're working out how to do something to get a shot. After all, we had redundant sets of the newest shiniest and most expensive video gear on the market worth as much as my fairly nice house,  so I took his keen interest as a genuine endorsement.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow