Reasons to keep GH2

Started Dec 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
Bob Meyer
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,349Gear list
Like?
Re: Reasons to keep GH2
In reply to Thomas Kachadurian, Dec 12, 2012

I agree that the ergonomics of the OM-D are poor. I find the controls severely compromised by the small size. But not everyone agrees, so you really do need to try one out yourself. But the GH2 seems like it was designed by photographers. The OM-D feels, to me, like it was designed to be small, and the controls then squeezed in wherever they would fit.

I agree the click-wheel is less than ideal, but I've gotten used to it. You need to learn to recognize the color changes in the EVF (yellow or white, depending on the function).

As for reviewing images, you don't need to use the touch screen. The arrow keys work just fine. I think everything on the GH2, except for touch focus if you want it, can be done without every touching the LCD. I rarely use the touchscreen.

I have both the OM-D and GH2 and don't find the IQ of the OM to be noticeably better in most situations, than the GH2. Yes, at high ISOs in dim light it is less noisy, so if that makes up a lot of your shooting it could be important. I don't find it that important to me.

If you're interested, though, let me know. I have an OM-D in mint condition for sale.

-- hide signature --

OM-D for sale; see classifieds forum.

Bob Meyer's gear list:Bob Meyer's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow