ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Lord Mox
Regular MemberPosts: 184Gear list
Like?
Nikon d600 for $1580...vs $2300!
Dec 12, 2012

Hello everyone,

Need your advice. I've been planning to buy the d600 for quite some time now. But been waiting and hoping for prices to drop a bit and may be the issue of dust can be resolved with the recent stock. Long story short, I found great deals (online) on it. The lowest being $1587 (Australian dollar) for a brand new, unopen box, from a reputable online provider (albeit a grey product) not with a genuine Nikon warranty but with a 2yrs seller's warranty. Similar stores offers range between that price and $1800 (at least 10 others between this range..all from really good sellers some of whom I've good experiences with, for, of course, items that don't cost that much..mainly accessories and few lenses). In fact, the d600 with AF-S 24-85mm VR Lens kit still cost far less (only $2100) than the body alone if I buy it locally! (although I dont intend on buying the kit lens, but for comparison sake).

Alternatively, buying an Australian stock with a genuine Nikon Australia warranty will cost me at least $2200+ (still online!)...and cheapest from a physical store in my area is $2400+. So that's about $600-$800+ difference for the same exact product. It's a difference that I am very hesitant to ignore. I like the genuine warranty, specially considering the dust issue with the d600. But $600 is a lot! I can get my cam professionally cleaned at least 10 times with that money if I needed! (this is how I am trying to convince myself to get the online deal).

The online providers (almost all of them), offer 2 yrs international MAC warranty for an additional $100. I've no experience with MAC so I can't really comment on it. If any of you had a previous experience with MAC's warranties please do tell.

So what do you suggest guys? Stick to the local stock and pay $600+ or more....or go ahead with the online deals....?

Appreciate the help guys,

Lord Mox's gear list:Lord Mox's gear list
Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow