Full 24mp image from Tokina 12-24mm on a D600???

Started Dec 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
onlyfairways
Junior MemberPosts: 47Gear list
Like?
Re: Full 24mp image from Tokina 12-24mm on a D600???
In reply to schaf, Dec 12, 2012

schaf wrote:

I am a bit perplexed. My dad has recently purchased a D600. He has used the Tokina 12-24mm with it, which is a DX-format lens. He has the camera set to use DX crop mode. Yet the images I have seen from this combo are coming in as FULL 24mp images (as indicated by the EXIF data) with NO vignetting. Detail, color and contrast are precisely what you would expect from this lens.

This makes no sense at all to me. How is this even possible?!?!?!? Theses should be the roughly 10mp or so DX cropped images, not 24mp images. Ok...not like he is complaining about it though.

Is anyone else using this combo? Are you getting full 24mp images?

Thanks in advance,

Schaf

Hi Schaf.

I've been using the Tokin 12-24 f/4 DX on a D800E with the camera set to auto DX-crop mode. The D800 does not see the Tokina as DX lens so it works as though it was an FX lens. The vignetting appears and increases as you widen the focal length to 12mm but does not seem significant at 24mm. I manually set the camera crop to DX mode so that there is no vignetting at any focal length.

Regards,

-- hide signature --

B.Taylor

onlyfairways's gear list:onlyfairways's gear list
Nikon D800E
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow