Do you mind changing lenses? Sony zoom 18-135mm or 18-250mm or CZ16-80 or CZ24-70

Started Dec 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
Allan Crowson
Regular MemberPosts: 191
Like?
Re: Could the Sony 18-135mm lens meet most of your needs?
In reply to Robsphoto, Dec 12, 2012

Robsphoto wrote:

The 70-200mm lens seems to be a good choice for your birding and the 20mm/2.8 sounds great. I just wonder how many A57 / A77 users would find that the Sony 18-135mm lens meets most of their needs and would just crop in Photoshop for the times when greater than 135mm is needed?

Good question. A57 users can also use the Clear Image Zoom. I know there's quite a bit of back and forth on that, but in my experience, at the long end of the 18-135, it is as good as what I would do on the computer.

Laying aside considerations such as image quality and so forth, and sticking just to lens choice…some photographers like the way a certain lens performs and use it exclusively or nearly. I used to do this with my Olympus 4/3 camera and the 14-54mm zoom. Although I had a telephoto zoom, the 14-54 stayed on the camera 95% or more of the time. The attraction of an interchangeable lens camera, for some, it not so much that you can have many different lenses, but rather than you can find a lens that fits what you want to do. And sometimes that need can be met with just one or two.

-- hide signature --

Allan Crowson

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow