E-3 with a studio strobe?

Started Dec 12, 2012 | Questions thread
LouCioccio
Senior MemberPosts: 1,613Gear list
Like?
Re: E-3 with a studio strobe?
In reply to Gordon S, Dec 12, 2012

I am not familiar with that strobe. Does it offer optical firing? Do you have any RF triggers?

We know the cable works since it you shorted the connector. Do you have another flash that can be hooked with a cable, Olympus FL's does not have that but another third party might.

I use radio triggers to fire my strobes (Adorama's Flashpoints or FL50's in manual)

The big question have you ever used the pc connector on the E3 with another flash. I ask that because it may have been broke from day 1. I had a printer (in the age of 8088 CPU's) that I bought that had parallel and also serial interface. At the time the computer only had serial but when I upgraded to a parallel card it did not work but was out of warranty by then. We were able to trace it to faulty chip. That why I asked that question.

Ciao,

Lou Cioccio

LouCioccio's gear list:LouCioccio's gear list
Olympus E-30 Nikon D7000 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow