LX7 for $299, is there an issue???

Started Dec 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
graybalanced
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,919
Like?
Re: Used it for a shoot today
In reply to Justme, Dec 12, 2012

I stuck to my LX3 for three years and was pretty happy with it. At the time I bought, there was not much competition for what it did. When the LX7 came out, the field had changed and there were many excellent choices in the manual raw compact market. I couldn't spend $450-500 on an incremental LX upgrade, so I held on.

I only heard of the $299 LX7 deal last night. My local camera store said the offer ended at midnight. I thought about it, and I bought it.

Why? Because while there are other extremely worthy cameras in this segment now, they are not going to be available for $299 any time soon. So far I'm very impressed and happy with having picked up a camera this powerful for $299. I'm also looking forward to shooting slow motion with the 120fps HD video, which I don't think other cameras in this class can do.

Woke up this morning and the $299 deal seems to have disappeared from Amazon, my local store, the Panasonic store, and everywhere else. (B&H didn't seem to be offering it.)

I am very happy to have gotten in on it.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow