Started Dec 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
blue_cheese
Senior MemberPosts: 1,407
Like?
********** Challenge 159 – Siblings **********
Dec 11, 2012

Thanks to Deepak for running the last challenge and giving me the chance to run a challenge. And thanks to everyone else that talked me into actually doing it. For a topic I have decided to stick with what I originally was leaning towards

A theme of: Siblings

Hopefully it is general enough to let everyone participate. It is fairly straightforward, I hope to see various images that show the bonds between siblings (twins, triplets, brothers, sisters, etc...) of whatever age and/or species (can be pets/animals too). Images do not have to be of people, however one of my goals is to improve on my people photos so I think of this as a learning experience in that regard. With the state obvious bias, an animal photo would have to blow me away.

I got two young daughters who consistently amaze me in how they play and interact together, and with Christmas around the corner as a time to spend together as a family, I am looking forward to learning a thing or two and getting inspired for good family pictures.

I will provide a few examples in a follow up post later tonight

Rules:

(Borrowed most from Deepak's challenge)

Any camera allowed (does not have to be Nikon) images do not have to be recent, as long as they are original and yours.

Challenge will be open for about 2 weeks and will close on Dec 27th (10pm EST).

VERY IMPORTANT! please reply to the FIRST (ORIGINAL) post and please RENAME THE SUBJECT TO INDICATE THE TITLE OF YOUR PHOTO ENTRY.

Post ONE image (if you post more than one image to keep the theme alive, clearly indicate which will be your entry in the challenge).

The host chooses a winner after closing. The decision of the judge (the host) is final. The judge is not eligible. The winner then chooses the next topic, runs the challenge, judges the winner and passes on the baton to that person. If the winner fails to post a new challenge within 72 hours of being declared the winner then the runner-up should post the new challenge within a further 24 hours.

Feel free to comment on other contestant's images. If you want someone to leave you some constructive criticism, put (CC) next to the title of your image.

Please embed your image in the thread. Try to resize your photos prior to posting so they're sized appropriately for viewing without having to scroll (800 to 1200 pixels on the longest side is best.)

Cheers!

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
cuteNew
KissNew
NiceNew
HugzNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow