Dave Oddie
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,799
Like?
Re: Gadget Show UK Camera Review A57
In reply to Mellowmark, Dec 11, 2012

Mellowmark wrote:

philbot wrote:

The usual dodgy gadget show review criteria

Yes indeed - "I like the Pentax because it's white" "It has a pet mode" What about the features it has that you would normally only get in a body costing twice as much (weatherproofing, ibis, dual control dials, metal body). Sigh.

And the person who might actually have something useful or interesting to say speaks French so they hardly allow him to say anything apart from which one he prefers.

On paper the Pentax is probably the 'best' camera of the 3, but I prefer using an evf to an ovf and a swivel screen is useful, (plus I already have Alpha and Minolta lenses) so the Sony would be my choice of the 3. They are all good cameras and I know people who love their D3200 - it's more a case of what is 'best' for your needs.

Well don't forget they gave all three cameras to a pro and he preferred the Sony over the others as well.

You do have to take their reviews with a pinch of salt but if you can take anything meaningful from this one it was the Sony was the one that they (and I mean the pro as well) liked using the most.

Usability counts for quite a lot and it doesn't matter if on paper one camera is theoretically better than another by a small amount in one area or another if its easier to get results with a different camera.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow