Panasonic Lumix 14/42 PZ- What's up with this lens?

Started Dec 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jumpinjeff
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Panasonic Lumix 14/42 PZ- What's up with this lens?
Dec 11, 2012

Like many, I  justgot the super deal on the Panasonic G3 at B&H for $299, and have gotten fabulous shots with the NON Px kit lens.  However for me size and weight is critical and I am hot to get the little PZ premium priced lens, but am put off by all the bad press- many users experience blur and shake problems at specific focal lenths and f stops, however other users report excellent results.  Evidently it works better on some model cameras than others; or maybe some lenses are bad and others just don't have the problem.  I'm no expert, but it seems to me due to the specific nature of the problem that it may be more of a software than a mechanical problem.

Like all big companies, Panasonic doesn't publicly cop to the problem, although they have already realeased a firmware upgrade- which I am guessing addresses this issue.  Is anyone out there more informed than I-does the new firmware fix this problem?  Since obviously this is a premium item for Panasonic that all serious buyers are aware of, I assume eventually the problem will be resolved.

Should I buy now or am I better off just dragging around the extra weight of the kit lens which most reviewers seem to think has superior optical performance anyway, at least compared to PZ's with the shake problem. Wait until version V2?

Nikon 1 V2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow