LX7 for $299, is there an issue???

Started Dec 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Ray Sachs
Forum ProPosts: 10,238Gear list
Re: LX7 for $299, is there an issue???
In reply to Kevin Coppalotti, Dec 11, 2012

Kevin Coppalotti wrote:

the market is moving to big sensors in small packages, panny is chained to M4/3. i see storm clouds ahead.

Which has absolutely bupkis to do with the LX7 of course. The LX7 just ran into a bad case of RX100-itis. Bad for Pany, good for us. Between the RX100 at $650, the X10 at $550, and the LX7 at $500, it was a tough decision with all sorts of tradeoffs favoring each of the different cameras depending on priorities. At $300 for the Pany, $500 for the X10, and $600-650 for the RX100, it becomes a MUCH easier call.

On your unrelated topic, I think the market for m43 gear seems pretty strong. But with their recent offerings, Olympus seems to be kicking a bit of Pany butt. They've been discounting their m43 bodies by a LOT and very quickly in the product cycle - Olympus prices have held pretty steady - I don't think the OMD has come down more than $50 or so since it was released in April. I think Panasonic is having some sales issues with their bodies, although they've released some really nice lenses in the past year that seem to be doing pretty well.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow