Started Dec 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
timedrun
Contributing MemberPosts: 683Gear list
Like?
Re: Give new life to your NX10 -> Upgrade it to an NX11
In reply to j_pyykonen, Dec 11, 2012

j_pyykonen wrote:

timedrun wrote:

the nx11 had a few good extras over the nx10, auto iso max and framing. but be prepared to lose the green button as a useful thing. all in all the nx11 fw is better, but losing the green button was a major let down.

-- hide signature --

A little green rosetta......a tiny green rosetta........

To be honest I have no idea what green button does with original NX10 firmware (never tried) but with NX11 firmware it kind of resets the exposure (ie. in A-mode when you roll the aperture all the way to F22 and press green button, it goes instantly back to F2). So it works but as I said earlier I have no idea does it work as it should be

the green button always used to zero the current setting. there is no right or wrong i suppose, but i always got used to setting the aperture to say f8, then exposure compensating to my hearts content, then zero exp comp with the green button whilst holding exp comp button. the exposure compensation would zero and the aperture remained at f8. if i wanted to reset the aperture to its fastest i pressed the green button  on its own, aperture went to widest.

with the nx11 the green button resets both aperture to fastest and zeros exp comp regardless of what other buttons im holding. so my attempt to quickly zero exp comp in aperture priority mode with aperture set to f8 by holding exp comp button and then pressing green also fully opens my aperture, which i didnt want it to do. ergo makes green button a bit rubbish on nx11 fw compared to nx10.

personally, owning an nx11 and an nx10, i will leave my nx10 as is, for use as a manual camera. the nx11 is more an "automatic" version.

-- hide signature --

A little green rosetta......a tiny green rosetta........

timedrun's gear list:timedrun's gear list
Samsung NX20 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 50-200mm F4-5.6 OIS Samsung NX 16mm F2.4 Pancake Samsung NX 45mm F1.8
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow