Pick your two favorite lenses

Started Dec 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
Klarno
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,596Gear list
Like?
Re: Pick your two favorite lenses
In reply to Jennyhappy2, Dec 11, 2012

25mm f/1.4. I've wanted this lens since it came out. The way it renders out-of-focus areas is really special, something you can't ordinarily get on a lens of its price class.

75mm f/1.8. I'd pick this over the 45mm f/1.8 because, for me, it's a more useful focal length. I've used the ballpark around 50mm a lot for studio photography, but outside of the studio I really don't get any joy out of it. 75mm happens to be close to a focal length that I end up using a lot for landscapes, however, and I'm pretty sure I'd do just fine with it in the studio.

The lens I want more than any other, however, is the 17mm f/1.8. 35mm equivalent lenses have previously proved to be my most successful focal length. And the qualities of this lens independent of its resolving power--particularly with regard to shooting into the light--are what draw me most to this lens over others. The 14mm f/2.5 never really interested me; I'd more likely go for the Sigma 19mm f/2.8 for a budget prime.

-- hide signature --
 Klarno's gear list:Klarno's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PM2 A3000 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 II Olympus Zuiko Digital 11-22mm 1:2.8-3.5 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow