New iMac. I'm not so sure this time.

Started Dec 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
Doug R
Senior MemberPosts: 1,468
Like?
Re: New iMac. I'm not so sure this time.
In reply to Don_Campbell, Dec 11, 2012

Don_Campbell wrote:

webfrasse wrote:

Don_Campbell wrote:

Edymagno wrote:

We've all seen this happened for years. Apple always "simplifying" things and always the first to ditch old technologies to fit newer ones way before the average user has the time to make the transition. But we have adapted. Sometimes through pain other times by just making the right synapsis.

The new iMac to start selling anytime now, has no internal optical drive. As far as I see, it was a design choice based on looks only. I bet there are many people around that don't need to burn CD's or DVD's but personally I don't know one single person that doesn't. All iMac users I know, deliver discs to customers on a regular basis. When the files are few or small they send files over the internet. Sometimes but rarely, customers walks by and bring their own media.

I have my real desktop now full with 3 external HD's, 2 UPS's, 1 modem, 1 card reader and necessary (2 for each) cables. Apple seems to struggle to design their products to look neat and wireless. Their products look dynamite at the Apple website but in real life they generate all the visual garbage as any cheap custom PC and perhaps even more.

As long as usb pendrives are not as cheap as regular DVD's, I think I will deeply dislike this decision. What do you think?

Eduardo

Wow. Who cares? Macs are overpriced and underwhelming. Some cute technology and a lot of inadequate and overpriced technology. Usually packaged in a cute form. Somehow I've never warmed to it even when I was loaned a MacPro full up machine with thousands of dollars of added software from Microsoft and Adobe.

They have done an amazing marketing job to sell mediocre hardware in a pretty package with barely adequate software at a very high price. Not for me, thanks.

Don

So why are you on a Mac forum then...go back to Kmart

-- hide signature --

Mikael

Let's see budd. You have your Mac opinion and I have mine. My opinion is that the deficiencies of the Mac are severe enough that the lack or presence of an optical drive is a triviality. Live with the idea that people who disagree with you are still free to express themselves.

Don

Not in this forum budd, fanboys are always right and everybody else is ignorant scum. Live with that

-- hide signature --

Doug

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow