In reply to CakeCake, Dec 11, 2012

CakeCake wrote:

Marianne Oelund wrote:

Leonard Migliore wrote:

CakeCake wrote:

Thanks for the replies, guys.

This is the lightbox that we have:

http://www.lightboxuk.net/userimages/A3-for-art-design-tracing(2785752).htm

The products are buttons and the absolute largest one is between 2mm and 3mm and the smallest would probably be 0.3mm.

Is the 60mm the most appropriate in this case?

Cheers!

How much of the field do you want to cover with a 0.3mm button?

Must have meant cm instead of mm. The largest buttons in the 2cm-3cm range would make sense.

-- hide signature --

- Marianne
Veni, vidi, exposui

Oops, yes. I meant cm! Apologises for the confusion.

I think those buttons might get lost in the jumper!

The sonsor on your D300 is 23.6 x 15.8mm so 1:1 for a 2-3cm subject is about all you'll need to fill the frame. I'd suggest a macro lens in the 90-105mm range for decents working distance. Shorter lenses will shorter working distances can become difficult to light. Also for the first macro lens time user I believe the 90-105mm lenses are a little easier to use (more forgiving) than longer macro lenses. Pair that with a solid tripod, head and rail (in needed) and your ready to go.

I've yet to find a bad modern macro lens, the cheap plasic Vivitar 100mm f3.5 lens I picked up for $75.00 is almost as sharp as my Tamron 90 and Sigma 150. So it's hard to make a bad choice in macro lenses.

-- hide signature --

Snapshott

Snapshott's gear list:Snapshott's gear list
Nikon D80 Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow