Started Dec 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JoeyCinSC
Senior MemberPosts: 1,564Gear list
Like?
M8 & 35mm Skopar - a waste?
Dec 11, 2012

Long story short; I've been working full time as photographer this past year (part time prior) and I've been feeling less than inspired when shooting for myself. I've used various fixed lens rangefinders in the past, as well as a Bessa R2 and 40 nokton. I understand and appreciate rangefinders. I recently got a OM-D and 45 f1.8 (17 f1.8 on preorder), but the reality is that while I don't mind shooting with the OM-D, I don't love it. I have my Canon DSLR gear for work.

Should I consider the M8? I can probably only spring for a mint M8 and 35mm Skopar II. I already own the 15mm heliar. I just want something small, simple, and carry everywhere. The Skopar seems the best out of the cheap(er) alternatives to Leica glass. This will be for mostly personal use. Travel, family, street shooting...

Im aware of the M8 shortcomings- the UV/IR cut filters, lack of LCDs for replacement, limited high ISO capabilities, etc.

-- hide signature --

Joe - Southeastern PA

JoeyCinSC's gear list:JoeyCinSC's gear list
Fujifilm XF1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Olympus E-1 Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus E-M1 +7 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow