Started Dec 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
photous
Regular MemberPosts: 128
Like?
CS5+LR4 to PSE 11
Dec 11, 2012

I know there isĀ  a lot out there about which PP is best. That is not what I am asking. I have already been using CS5 and LR4. Love both, using LR4 90% of the time. Needless to say, I am losing touch with CS5, and every time I go in (its got to be a complicated task manipulating the photo), I have to brush up my skills a bit as certain steps can be confusing for me. Besides, I do this as a hobby and lately have not been able to find much time doing it.

So, I am considering quitting both and go with PSE 11. It already has a RAW processor like in LR4 and CS5. Has a nice organizer. Has a lot of quick fixes.Yes, I am chickening out with a compromise.

I will have to give up the most loved feature of LR4 - Non Destructive Editing. And Catalogs. My question - What is your experience when you save an edit in PSE? Is it like PS or there is a way to get around it? I can keep LR4 for what I do and use PSE just for 'photoshopping'. But that does not serve my purpose of going with one vehicle.

I have a lot other potential concerns, like what happens to my catalogs in LR when I convert my saved LR files, and all that. But at this point, I am more concerned about 'permanent damage' once I piling up layers in PSE.

Thanks.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow